Coconut Cinnamon Cupcakes
¾ cup coconut flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
16 oz cream cheese
8 oz butter
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup tapioca flour
1 ½ tbsp. pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl, add sifted coconut flour, salt, baking soda & cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl or kitchen mixer, combine eggs, vanilla, maple syrup and melted coconut oil.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and continue to blend.
5. Once batter is blended and smooth, stir in shredded coconut.
6. Grease cupcake pan or use cupcake papers. Pour batter evenly into cupcake sections.
7. Bake for approximately 20 minutes (test center of cupcake with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cupcakes are done) Remove the cupcakes from oven and cool.
8. In a large mixing bowl, blend all Icing ingredients until creamy. Frost cooled cupcakes.
The cinnamon can be omitted.For chocolate cupcakes, add 1-2 tbsp cacao powder in step 2.