Lemon Pepper Chicken & Asparagus
· 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
· 1 TBSP Avocado Oil
· 1 TSP Lemon Pepper Seasoning
· 2 Cups Chopped Asparagus
· 2 lemons, sliced
1. Pound out the chicken breasts until they are ¾ inch thick or cut them in half horizontally if they are really thick. Season breasts with salt and pepper if desired.
2. Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add in the chicken and cook on each side for 5 minutes. Sprinkle each side with lemon pepper as you are cooking. When the chicken is golden brown and cooked all the way through, transfer it to a plate.
3. In the same pan, cook the asparagus over medium heat until bright green and starting to become tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Add a little avocado onto the pan and place the sliced lemons in the pan and cook for a few minutes on each side until they being to caramelize. Remove and set aside.
5. Layer the ingredients back in the skillet-asparagus, then chicken, then lemons. Heat for 45 minutes over medium low heat and then serve.